Have your white ceramic cups lost their color due to coffee or tea stains? These spots can be particularly stubborn and difficult to remove, especially if they accumulate over time and are fixed on the surface of your cups. However, there is a wide variety of commercial and household cleaning products that you can use to get rid of them. Perhaps this requires a lot of effort on your part, but your white cups will be able to recover their whiteness.
Use common household products
- 1Rub your ceramic cups with baking soda. Create a thick paste with baking soda and a little water. Then, apply this mixture on the spots and rub it with a bristle brush or a sponge.Rinse the pasta from the cup and, if necessary, repeat the process. It is possible for a new layer of the mixture to penetrate the spots more deeply. Sodium bicarbonate creates the perfect amount of abrasion to remove minor stains.
- 2Use vinegar. This is a much more eco-friendly method, as it does not require the use of bleach or chemical products for the dishes. This method involves heating a cup of vinegar over medium heat until it is ready. Then, soak the cup in the hot vinegar for four hours or until the next day.
- 3Rub the cup with salt. Moisten the inside of the cup with a little water. Then, add a teaspoon of salt and rub it against the cup until it is clean. In this case, the salt will act as a soft abrasive component, penetrating the stains and eliminating them. You can also use the lemon peel to rub the salt against the cup. Although salt is an abrasive component, lemon is a bleaching agent, which will help you eliminate stains.
- 4Use a tablet to clean dentures. Drop one of these into a cup full of hot water. The tablet will create an effervescent effect and dissolve while cleaning the stains from the cup. Rinse the cup once the effervescent effect disappears.
Use commercial cleaning products
- 1Dip the cup in water with bleach. In a large bowl, pour approximately 4 liters (1 gallon) of warm water and a tablespoon of bleach. Dip the cup into the mixture for as long as it is necessary for the spots to disappear, which will take between one and twenty-four hours.Alternatively, you can use a sponge to rub the cup until it is clean. This is the proper concentration of water with bleach that is used to clean the dishes. If you can not eliminate the stains, you can increase the concentration of the bleach, but do not forget to make sure you wash the cup very well after you finish.
- 2Use a magic sponge for cleaning. To use it, rub one of these sponges slightly damp against a dry cup. It uses a circular movement and a moderate amount of pressure. Rinse the cup thoroughly after cleaning it. You do not want to ingest part of the magic sponge for cleaning.
- 3Use cleaning products in powder. Products such as Bon Ami and Barkeeper's Friend can be very effective in cleaning ceramic utensils. In general, these products are combined with a small amount of water and rubbed with the help of a cloth or sponge. However, you should be very careful with these products, as they can be too abrasive and cause scratches. To avoid this, test the product on the bottom of the cup before using it on the rest of the object. You can also use a high-quality stain remover, such as Oxi-Clean. Add the cleaner to a cup of hot water and let it sit until the stains disappear. Once they do, rinse the cup thoroughly.
- 4Use a professional coffeemaker cleaner. This may turn out to be a more expensive investment than people would want, but if you're really determined to clean a white cup, buy a commercial cleaning product. This type of cleaning machines has been created specifically to clean coffee stains. As with all commercial cleaning products, it is important to rinse the product thoroughly before reusing your cups.
These methods also work well to remove stains from coffee makers, counter tops and other appliances.