Ceramic sinks are common accessories in bathrooms and kitchens that usually tend to be very durable. So, we need to know how to clean a ceramic sink? However, they get dirty and stained due to frequent use, so they should be cleaned regularly. You can use a mild abrasive cleaner (such as baking soda) or a more potent chemical (such as bleach). Try to clean the ceramic sink once a month to avoid the appearance of stains and accumulations of dirt.
Clean with baking soda and lemon juice
- You should also moisten the sponge with which you plan to clean the sink. The sponge should not be soaked, so you have to wring it out well before starting the cleaning.
- As you rub, you will notice that the bicarbonate clumps together in small lumps. This is a good sign, as it means that the baking soda is not too wet and is effectively removing dirt from the sink.
- You must use at least four or five slices to cover the pottery completely with the lemon juice.
- You can discard the lemon peels or throw them into the garbage shredder in the kitchen sink.
Remove stains from ceramics
- Bleach is a strong chemical that can be harmful if swallowed or sprayed in the eyes. You must be careful when handling this substance and consider the possibility of wearing safety glasses, rubber gloves and some clothes that you do not mind that are damaged.
- If you have small children at home, make sure they stay away from the sink while you spray the bleach.
- This method also works if you replace the vinegar with hydrogen peroxide. You can get these three ingredients in a grocery store or a local supermarket.
- You must be careful when using this method. If you rub a pumice stone over a ceramic sink, it can scratch or damage the surface. To begin with, you should gently scrub and stop if you detect scratches forming. If your ceramic sink is little damage, check how to repair ceramic sink.
Protect the sink from scratches or damage
- Some cleaning companies manufacture scrubbing liquids. You should also avoid using these products on a ceramic sink.
- You are more likely to find a drain cleaner in a health products store or in a natural foods store.
- If you are going to wash dishes, you should fill the sink with water and detergent or look for a large container that does not accumulate sand on the bottom. For example, you can use a large metals pot.