If you’re a ceramic heater user, you may notice that it gets dirty after a long time. A heater faces many problems and technical issues while it carries dirty. The dirt and dust make it low efficiency; as a result, it can’t make the room warm either. So what is the solution? Yes, the answer is cleaning. This article will share how to clean a ceramic heater quickly.
Here in this article, we’ll share some easy cleaning hacks that impress you. These cleaning tips and tricks will save you time and improve your heater cleaning experience. So, let’s jump to the cleaning section without wasting our time.
Do I need to clean the ceramic heater?
Yes, it would be best if you always clean your ceramic space heater. You’ll earn many advantages if you keep washing your ceramic heater. On the other hand, you’ll face a couple of problems with your heater if you keep it dirty. So let’s first know the benefits of cleaning ceramic heater. After that, we’ll learn about the disadvantages of dirty heaters. Then you’ll quickly understand which is best to do.
Benefits of cleaning heater
When you keep cleaning your space heater, you’ll get professional services from your heater. So try to keep your heater clean and get more advantages.
- Accurate heating
- Cool to the touch, always
- No burn or metallic smells
- Extra energy efficiency
- Shiny surfaces
- Last longer
- It looks like new after years
- It doesn’t overheat after overnight running
- It doesn’t get any spot cause of dust
Disadvantages of dirty heater
The ceramic heater gets old faster if it stays dirty always. The heater element pushes heat through to the room. If the heaters inside are unclean, those heat goes to dirt and burns it first. Then it makes the heater overheat and low efficiency as well. There are many disadvantages if you use a dirty heater. You can see some of the penalties below.
- Gets overheated fast
- It makes the low heater efficiency
- Dust burn smell comes to the room
- It looks like the heater is older and ugly
- It becomes Rusty
- Get spots cause of dust and rust
- It doesn’t last longer
How to clean a ceramic heater?
Cleaning the ceramic heater is essential when it gets dirty or dusty. A dusty heater reduces hit while it is running. Also, it causes leads to fires in the room when overnight runs it. To get rid of these problems you must also clean your heater. Let’s see the below step-by-step guide for cleaning ceramic heater. Remember, please check the manufacturer guidelines before starting to clean your heater.
You’ll need some things
- Microfiber duster
- Sponge or microfiber cloth
- Screwdriver (optional)
- Compressed air duster
- Vacuum (With hose, brush and nozzle attachment)
- Compressed air
Step 1: At first, unplug the heater from an electric socket. If the heater is hot, make it cool before cleaning. For a hot heater, wait 10 to 15 minutes to be excellent.
Step 2: Clean the outside dust of the heater surface by using a microfiber duster. Then, take a dump microfiber soft towel and wipe it down smoothly. Do this until the heater surface gets appropriately cleaned.
Step 3: Open the screw of the ceramic heater after cleaning the outside surface. Slowly unscrew the ceramic heaters cover by using a screwdriver.
Step 4: Then, vacuum the heater interior as well.
Step 5: Reset the heater and you’re done.
Cleaning ceramic heating element
Cleaning ceramic heater elements is not so hard, especially if there is enough space to place your finger. If the heater element is removable, then it will be significantly easier. However, cleaning the ceramic heater element is not a regular job, but if it is more dirty or rusty, you may consider cleaning it. So, if your heater element needs to clean, you can follow the following steps to complete your job.
- Remove the heater cover by unscrewing it with a screwdriver. Do this step carefully and ensure you do not scratch the cover for heater safety. You can wear a hand glove for safety.
- For less Rusty elements, take a nylon microfiber, bend over the component, and lightly scrap it. Note: do this step carefully; do not scratch or damage the stuff.
- For heavy Rusty elements, grab smooth sandpaper, bend over the aspect, then lightly scrub the element. It is a compassionate step, so you need to be careful.
- After cleansing the element, remove all the dust and rust with a compressed air system. Clean it properly and replace the heater cover.
How do you clean Lasko ceramic heater?
The cleaning system of Lasko heaters and other ceramic heaters is the same. But, Lasko tower heaters and other Lasko heaters like personal heaters, small heaters, medium heaters, and any standard heater cleaning system could be different because some heaters are allowed to open the cover and allowed to clean inside and outside. But some of the heaters are not allowed to open their caps.
- Disconnect the Lasko heater plug from the electric socket outlet. We guess the Lasko heater is still hot. So give it enough time to be completely cool before starting cleaning.
- Now, if your heater cover is removable, you can remove it by unscrewing it. But if it is not removable, you don’t need to remove it.
- It would help if you had a vacuum cleaner with hose and nozzle attachments in this step. Start the vacuum cleaner and vacuum interior space, element, fan, filter, and other areas of the Lasko heater where it stays dust.
- Reset the cover after vacuuming the heater. Store it in a safe place or start it to enjoy its warm air.
How to clean Delonghi ceramic heater
Use Lasko ceramic heater instruction as Delonghi heater cleaning. Delonghi and Lasko heater is the same, just different company. Check out its user and cleaning manual before starting cleaning. Do not disassemble its heater element while cleaning.
Is the ceramic heater working well after cleaning?
Yes, after cleaning a ceramic heater will work well. While dust and rust are removed from the heater, it will work well and delivers a better heating experience. To get advanced level heating service keep it clean always.
How do you prevent dirt from the ceramic heater?
To prevent dirt on your ceramic heater, you also need to follow some tips.
- Place the heater in a clean space
- Store it in a clean room
- Use a fabric cover when you’re not using it.
- Clean the heater surface regularly
- Do not run it next to the open window
Tips to keep ceramic heater shiny always
- Do not allow the heater to get dust
- Wipe it regularly while it is off
- Please don’t touch it with a dirty hand
- Place it far from the children
A ceramic heater is designed to warm a small area like a living room or bedroom. It is essential to keep the ceramic heater clean always for more benefit. A clean heater lasts longer, and on the other hand, it increases your room’s beauty. We hope all the cleaning steps will help you to clean up your ceramic heater.