The ceramic sink is the most useful things in our bathroom, kitchen room and outdoor. We love to see our ceramic sink always be shiny and no scratches. But, sometimes sink are going to dirty and stained. If your ceramic sink is getting dirty and stained, don’t be worry about this. Today I share the best way to clean sink to make shiny and looks newer your ceramic sink.
This cleaning method and tips are easy and works well. Also, it’s friendly for the ceramic sink. It’s doesn’t take much time to removing stains from ceramic sink. To clean ceramic sink properly, you need to know best way to clean a ceramic sink. Let’s see the cleaning method. Contents Summary
We have some tested method to clean a ceramic sink. We have divided the method based on dirty. We have chosen three cleaning method, that is easy, shortly, and testified. Let’s see how to clean a ceramic sink.
1. Baking soda and lemon method.
2. Deep cleaning method.
3. Detergent and vinegar method.
Cleaning with baking soda and lemon
Baking soda and lemon are friendly on ceramic sink. Baking soda can clean all the stain from old ceramic sink without damaging and any scratches. This solution is perfect to clean a ceramic sink. This solution can be applied for any kind of ceramic sink. Follow the cleaning step below how to clean ceramic sink.
You will need these ceramic sink cleaner
- Close the sinkhole with a lid. Pour water into the sink until it getting full.
- Splash water around on side of the ceramic sink. Then take out the lid and drain water.
- Make sure that no standing water left into the sink. It will dissolve the baking soda and render it useless.
- Bring a cup of water and put the sponge into the water to make it soft. Do not use a dry or soggy sponge on the sink. So, wring the sponge before start cleaning kitchen sink.
- Sprinkle baking soda by using hand or tablespoon into the sink.
- You will need 1/2 cup of baking soda for clean.
- Sprinkle the baking soda in the basin of the sink until the ceramic sink has been fully coated.
- Don’t forget to apply baking soda to any areas that are soiled or stained.
- Scrub the baking soda with a soft sponge that you put into the water.
- Scrubbing time, you should notice the baking soda climbing together into small lumps. This is a sign of right way. It means the baking soda is not too wet or soft. That will effectively be picking up dirt from your sink.
- Scrubbing the sink until cleaning the dirt or stains. Make sure to scrub any area that is dirty and stained.
- Apply your scrubber sponge on the stained area and scrub the sink well.
- While you can see your ceramic sink is cleaned, stop scrabbling the sink. baking sodas bubble left in the sink.
- To naturally make whiten your sink, start cutting lemon. Lemon can make 4 slices.
- Take each slice and rub it around the basin of the sink. Ensure to squeeze out plenty of lemon juice on the ceramic sink. You can use lemon juice in the stained screen on the sink.
- Put the lemon juice on the sink until coated the ceramic.
- You’ll need to use 4 or 5 lemon slices to fully coat the ceramic sink with lemon juice.
- Once the ceramic sink coated with lemon juice, let it stay for 30 minutes on the sink.
- It will give the sink natural acidity of the lemon juice. It’s time to break down stains and darkness.
- Once the lemon juice sit on the ceramic sink for 30 minutes after the sink rains with clean water. Clean the sink well.
- Rains the sink with a dishcloth or other soft cloth. Now you can see your sink is brighter, shiny, and whiten. This method can be used for cleaning bathroom sink or kitchen room ceramic sink.
DEEP CLEANING METHOD
Do you know how to clean ceramic sinks in kitchen? This method can be used, while your sink is more dirt and much stained. This is a testified method. This method work for the clean more stained ceramic sink. So, let’s see the deep cleaning step to know how to clean white ceramic sink or how to clean a black ceramic sink.
You will need
- Empty spray bottle
- Pumice stone
- Small bowel
- Cream of tartar
- Combine 1:1 bleach and water into the empty spray bottle.
- Open window of the kitchen or bathroom before you spray the bleach. Run the fan if you have on that room.
- Shake the spray bottle that is mixed with water.
- Spray the bleach on the ceramic sink. Spray the bleach and water solution over the entire interior surface of the sink.
- Make sure that bleach covers. Let the bleach solution sit on the ceramic sink for 10 minutes.
- Scrub the sink with a soft sponge. Then, wipe the sink with a dishcloth or other soft cloth.
Bleach is a strong chemical. It’s can be harmful if ingested or sprayed in the eyes. When spraying the bleach solution use hand gloves and a safety eyeglass. Do not spray near children. Make sure there are no children near the sink when you spray bleach.
- Combine vinegar and cream of tartar 1:1 ratio into a small bowl. Stir them together and mix it well.
- If you don’t like to apply chemical on your ceramic sink this mixer will help you to clean your ceramic sink perfectly. This mixer solution can clean like a coat of dirt and stained.
- Put the mixer on the dirt or stains and coat the stain with the mixer.
- Wipe it with a soft sponge.
Scrub with a pumice stone
- Pumice stone is a quite abrasive and it can scrub stains from your ceramic sink.
- Put the pumice under the water before you use it. Ensure that pumice stone is wet while you rubbing and picking out stains. Lightly scrub the area that is stains on you your ceramic sink.
Be careful when using this method with a pumice stone. If you apply pumice stone to ceramic sink heavily, the stone may damage the surface or scratch on your ceramic sink. Rubbing gently and lightly with pumice stone and stop while you can see your sink is scratch. Read more about how to repair ceramic sink.
Detergent and vinegar method
This is a very easy and short time to finish cleaning ceramic kitchen sinks by using this method. This method knowing us how to remove scratches from ceramic sink.
you will need
- Liquid dish detergent
- White vinegar
- Towel or soft cloth
- Combine 1 teaspoon of the detergent liquid dishwasher with 2 gallons of hot water into a bowel.
- Detergent and hot water are grease cutting agent. It’s also cutting oil.
Wipe out the interior of the ceramic sink with detergent and sponge. Rains with clear water your ceramic sink.
Combine vinegar and hot water 1:3 ratio into a small bowl. Fill the ceramic sink with the vinegar and hot water mixer solution. Keep the solution into the ceramic sink at least 30 to 35 minutes to loosen scale build-up, dirt, stains, and soap residue. Drain the vinegar and water solution mixer from the sink.
Scrub the sink for the second time with detergent and hot water mixer. So, remove all the remain grime and vinegar from the ceramic sink. Rains with clear water.
Wipe the sink with a dry and clean towel. Dry the sink. It makes your ceramic sink is bright, sparkling whiten. Now you’re getting a shiny, and white ceramic sink. Protect Ceramic Sink.
- Wash the sink with a soft and smooth sponge. Ceramic is a durable material. It can still damage or scratched if scratch with a hard material scrabbler. Do not scouring powder to clean your ceramic sink at all. It can scratch or damage the ceramic surface. Always clean your ceramic sink with a soft and non-abrasive sponge.
- Some cleaning company manufacturing scouring liquid and power. Do not use these to clean the ceramic sink.
- Do not use any drain cleaners in your ceramic sink. All the cleaner liquids or spray is not for ceramic. Those cleaners will damage your ceramic sink.
- Use a gentle ceramic specific product that is made for ceramic.
- You may find such ceramic friendly cleaners at the supermarket or order by an online store.
- When washing metal goods on the ceramic sink carefully wash those stuff.
Care Ceramic Sink
- Clean your ceramic sink with soap and hot water.
- Use a soft towel to clean your ceramic sink.
- Always rains the ceramic sink with water and wet dishcloth after preparing food.
- Toothbrush can be used with toothpaste on scratches area.
- Do not put metals or heavy pot in the ceramic sink.
- Do not use directly Chemicals on your ceramic sink. It can damage the surface.
- Do not cut food by knife on the ceramic sink.
- Always keep clean the ceramic sink.
- Do not use unknown spray cleaners in your ceramic sink.
- Do not use scouring powder or cleaner in the ceramic sink.
- Do not use scouring pads.
- Do not use scouring liquid.
- Do not use highly concerned hydroelectric or sulfuric acid or similar items.
- Do not put over temperature hot water into the ceramic sink. It can crack the ceramic sink.
Read more article: